I love my crockpot! I mean you can throw just about anything in a crockpot and not mess it up. It’s a near perfect solution if you’re a terrible cook. After some research, trial, and error, I realized you can make cannabutter in the crockpot!
Cannabutter is a must-have ingredient for all your baked edible goodies. After reviewing different infused baked goods I realized I first needed to make some cannabutter. Follow along with what I did!
- 2 1/2 cups of cannabis trim
- 1 ¼ cups of water
- 1 lb of unsalted butter
Set the crockpot to low and let it sit for 8 hours, stirring occasionally. After 8 hours you can squeeze the concoction through 4 layers of cheesecloth (you can buy a large pack from Amazon for $12). Refrigerate and get ready to use the butter to bake your butt off!
Now that you have your cannabutter, it’s time to bake!
I personally like to bake peanut butter cookies because they freeze well and it’s nice to offer an infused baked good that doesn’t include chocolate.
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup cannabutter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter. Don’t use the organic kind, the oil separates from the peanut butter. With organic peanut butter, the cookies won’t turn out well, but you will still get high.
- 1 egg large
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the brown sugar and white sugar well.
- Lower mixer speed and beat in the creamy peanut butter and the egg.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use clean hands to shape the dough into 24 small balls. Place about 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Flatten the cookies with a fork, pressing a crisscross pattern onto the surface.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.