A home hash oil lab was discovered after huge fire broke out at residence in El Cajon on Wednesday, June 10.
The fire was reported at 2:43 PM and the home was engulfed in flames by the time fire fighters arrived.
The home, located on the 1600 block of Via Elisa off Greenfield Drive, had extensive damage.
The owner was able to get out and drive away but his service dogs died in the fire.
The San Diego County Sheriff’s Department found evidence consistent with a THC butane oil extraction lab.
Investigators believe that the fire was started accidentally.